Saturday, October 10, 2009

Reflective Journal for Week 3

Assessment of Student Learning in the Online Classroom

My week was very interesting. Monday I was very sick and had to go to the doctor. I was not able to do any homework Monday or Tuesday.

Wednesday, I had company. My husband's sister heard I was sick so they stopped to see if I needed anything. We chatted for a few hours, then I was tired so I did some homework but not enough.

Thursday I felt better and completed a lot of course work. Time was again an issue for me.

In summary, this weeks Topic was The perfect e-storm. The perfect estorm refers to an article written by Dr. Curtis Bonk. He discusses the 4 storms forming in elearning:
1. pedagogy- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedagogy
2. technology
3.learner need
4. erased budget

This article was written in 2004, I thought it was interesting summary of what was and in some situations still happening in online education today.

We studied the cycle of learning outcomes, learning objectives, and assessments. We made a concept map to support these educational strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment