Sunday, October 4, 2009

Refection Journal Week 2

Assessment of Student Learning in the Online Classroom

Module 2 topic was "Emerging Practices of Online Assessment"

The focus this week was on how we can assess differently online, what to assess, why we need to assess it and how best we can assess learning.

Week 2 started with me behind in the week.. I picked up my computer on Monday from the store. When I triwed to opened this class it wouldn't work. I did not waste a lot of time, so I called for help. My new computer has Internet explorer 8 and the University of Wisconsin system's on line learning system (desire to learn) can not support it. I had to download Fire Fox for my search engine. It's a little different. For example, copy/paste did not work. I figured it out with help from my baby. (Even though he is 22 years old, he is still my baby)

My other problem was that we needed wireless router networking. Well, that took a while to figure out. It needed a code, my baby knew it and fixed it for me. I am now wireless and loving it.
So it was Wednesday before I was up and running.

I was frustrated this week when I picked a blog site that did not like my new computer. It just would not do what I wanted it to. I spend over 2 hours just fighting passwords, access, content posting. Nothing worked for me. I decided that I would not use that site and explored several more blog sites and found one more user friendly. I love this Google blog site. Very user friendly.

I found the information this week interesting and not difficult to understand. I love it when I learn something new. I learned that I am student centered in my assessment style when I completed the survey.

This week's activities were:
Completing the readings
Creating this blog site
Posting my reflections on my blog
Participating in the discussion boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment