Thursday, November 5, 2009

REFLECTIVE JOURNAL WEEK 7

ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT LEARNING IN THE ONLINE CLASSROOM

I attended our synchronous discussion. It was so interesting to hear voices. My professor sounded just like I imaged her. Very soft spoken and professional. I felt a human connection. It was wonderful. I did not realize how much I missed the human portion of face 2 face education.

The human element will be available to my students because they will know me so they know my mannerisms, speech patterns from the f2f classes that we have together. In an online course they can "hear" me through me course structure. I think it makes a difference that they know me. Also, if they have any questions, they can talk to me in person.

I am working very hard on my final project. I struggled with my first tool. It took many more hours than it should have. I tried very hard to make the words my own, many of the assessment tools that I am using were discussed in the midterms.
Once I got on a roll, it went fast. The aspect that took up my time was that I developed my online test and grading rubrics. I did not have to do this to meet the assignment requirement. I felt I needed to do this so that I could match the learning objective with the assessment.

My goal is to post my final project tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment